Follow By Email:

Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Help

So I haven't completed this book yet, but I'm almost done and since I'll probably finish it tomorrow and won't have time to post it...I thought I'd just do it now.  So unless I absolutely hate the ending, I highly recommend this book!  Once again...thanks Bekka for your great recommendations.

It is a very inspiring story and really makes you think twice about the way our society was and even is today in certain ways.  Definitely has a good message about not judging people based on appearances and to remember that it's what's on the inside that counts!  Also, it's crazy to think that racial segregation was not that long ago.

Pros: Good message.  Easy read (easy words, but is long).  Keeps me interested and hard to put down.  Love the characters.
Cons: Some swearing & taking the Lord's name in vain.  Somewhat graphic descriptions of abuse.

Yes I recommend it =)

1 comment:

  1. Since you posted this, I just remembered I bought this book from Costco and still haven't read it. Thanks for the reminder and recommend.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.