Follow By Email:

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Wheat Rolls

This is just an altered, more healthy version of my previous rolls...and equally as delicious! Butter Horns (Rolls) I made them last night and altered the recipe by adding 1 1/2 cups of wheat flour instead of white and they tasted still so good.  Even Kade, my anti-wheat husband whom I adore (english teachers...proper "whom" usage??), said they were still really good and he couldn't taste the difference.  So why not go healthier?? 



I'm going to try next time doing half wheat / half white and see if it's too wheaty.  These are my favorite rolls though hands down.  I also tried this time rolling little dough balls and putting them in the freezer.  I'll let you know if it's successful thawing them, letting them raise, and cooking them.  If so...watch out freezer...more dough balls are coming your way. 
Tried making some into round rolls...came out great, but I think the crescent looking ones are prettier and in fact they are faster to make because you don't have to roll each little ball. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.