Follow By Email:

Monday, November 22, 2010

Potato & Ham Soup

I don't have much time to post, but soup is a must for winter time and this is a simple and easy, but super good recipe.  Potato Ham Soup

My changes:
-added more veggies, didn't have that much ham.  I just used sliced deli ham. 
-I like my soups thicker, so I took like 1/3 of the soup and pureed it and then put it back with the rest of the soup.  Created a thicker sauce.  Also the sauce thickens after being in the fridge, so don't make it too thick. 
-Added a little cayenne (spelling?) pepper to spice it up...not much because I'm a spice baby...but I threw it in there for Kade who is my spice baby =)  OH DEE DOH DEE!


I really like this recipe because you can alter it for whatever your in the mood for and use it to get rid of whatever left over veggies you have.  It would be perfect with the Butter Horn rolls I posted earlier too...but that requires a little more work and prep time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.