Follow By Email:

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician's Nephew

I have read the Chronicles of Narnia before, but it was a couple years ago and of course I remember little about the books other than the famous The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.  I have since reread The Magician's Nephew, which is chronilogically the first book of the series, although not the first book written. 

These books are all FANTASTIC!  They are so full of excitement, humor, romance, courage, values, and above all Jesus =) 

C.S. Lewis wrote these books as a way for children to understand the basic ideas of Christianity.  For those who have read the books, it is clear that Aslan represents Christ in the story. 

Almost all of the other  books I have read include bad language, taking the name of God in vain, and something sexual.  I guess I need to stick with children's books...but even those aren't always safe. 

That's what is refreshing to read something so uplifting and good, even if written in terms of witches and lions and magic. 

You know me...I'm a sucker for fantasy!

More specifically though, The Magician's Nephew is the beginning of Narnia, the world where Aslan and all the talking beasts live and how the "sons of Adam and daughters of Eve" got there.  You will have to read to find out!

Also I highly highly recommend the movies too.  They are really well done and have such a good message in each of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.