Follow By Email:

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Peanut Butter Truffles

This is so easy! ...but I won't lie, it's also time consuming.  There are only 3 ingredients: chocolate, Nutter Butters, and cream cheese. 

These little peanut butter balls are the perfect size to satisfy my sweet tooth cravings.  They are also perfect for the holidays because you can make a lot and you can decorate them however you want.  They also look like they were hard to make, so people will be impressed. 

I got this recipe at allrecipes.com where it is originally made with Oreos.  I used oreos like a year ago and they were good...but I love the chocolate/peanut butter combo way more.  One person recommended using the peppermint oreos from Trader Joes, but I don't have a Trader Joes close...so I went with convenience. 

I also used milk chocolate bark instead of the semi sweet bakers chocolate they use in the recipe.  Let me know if you try the semi sweet...I just wanted it to be extra sweet. 

I also recommend going through some of the pictures that people have posted on allrecipes for these truffles to get the idea of what you want yours to look like. 

Here are how mine turned out... As you can see I rolled some in the peanut butter crumbs and some I just sprinkled on top.


Here are the steps:

Crumble cookies, whether that be in a food processor or with a rolling pin


 Set some crumbs aside, and mix rest with cream cheese.  I just mixed it up with my hands until it became a dough.  Then I set in fridge for about 15-30 minutes so they are a harder consistency.  Then roll into dough balls and put in fridge for another 10 minutes.  I rolled mine into tiny balls because I don't like it to be overwhelming...just a little bite =) Probably malt ball size, maybe a little bigger. 

 While the dough is chilling, melt the chocolate.  I heard it's not good to melt the chocolate directly on the heat source, like microwaving it or cooking it directing in a pot...so you can see I just put my metal mixing bowl on top of a pot with  boiling water in it.

I didn't take pictures of this step....but then I put about 5 or 6 peanut butter balls in the chocolate, cover them with chocolate and then I use a big fork to scoop them so the excess chocolate drains from under it.  I tap the fork a couple times against the side of the bowl and then depending on what you want to do with your chocolate ball...either roll it in the crumbs, or set it directly on the wax paper.

*The chocolate with harden fairly quickly so if you want to put crumbs on top...don't wait too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.