Follow By Email:

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bacon Chicken Ranch Sandwiches

The holidays, unlike many other people, are not a good time for me and the kitchen.  I do not like cooking if I am at all stressed or feel pressure to cook well and the holiday season is just that.  So I don't really have any great Christmasy treats to post...and the one I did try and make was a complete disaster that I threw it all away. 

But alas, the holidays are over and I have a super delicious recipe to share!  These bacon chicken ranch sandwiches came as an accident really because I didn't have the right ingredients to make the ceasar salad sandwich I had gotten the recipe for. 

THESE WERE AWESOME!  So easy, very basic, and super super good.  I was suprised by how much flavor they had.

Here is the original recipe Chicken Caesar Sandwich

These are the changes I made:

  1. I am a meat Nazi and so I can never seem to cook a whole piece of chicken because I completely destroy it when getting rid of all the veins and fat. So I cut the chicken into tiny pieces and instead of baking it I just threw it in a pan with a little olive oil and cooked it that way (faster). 
  2. Didn't have caesar dressing and definitely didn't want to make any...so I just used the homemade ranch we had in the fridge
  3. Don't know where to find shaved parmesan, so I just used shredded. (sprinkled it over the ranch so it would stick)
  4. I used both romaine lettuce and spinach leaves.
I cannot emphasis how awesome this was.  The ciabatta bread is essential though, it really gives it the perfect touch.  And you really can't go wrong when bacon is involved. 


 It was really messy, but so worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Your last picture in that sequence belongs on a menu for Jason's Deli. You make that sandwich sound so yummy and look delicious too.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.