Follow By Email:

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Baked Lemon Salmon

My first experience with salmon was when I was probably about 8 years old and I was a very picky eater.  I wouldn't have dared eat any seafood...ever.  We were at a wedding reception and my mom was trying to get me to eat some of the dinner.  Of course I couldn't recognize any of it and was therefore not going to eat it.  She stuck out here fork and said, "here, it's just chicken...you'll like it".  And being the sweet innocent trusting daughter that I was...I ate the "chicken" and I liked it.  I later found out, probably from Garrett, that it was not chicken and it was in fact salmon. 

I have recenlty moved past my no seafood movement and Salmon & I have become friends...the eat each other kind of friends =)

This recipe was kind of made up out of frustration because I couldn't find a simple lemon salmon recipe that I thought looked good and had good reviews. 

What I did was very simple and it tasted amazing.  The best was that it wasn't too dry...for a first timer I was pretty impressed with myself! Okay, humility Carlie...I was impressed with the spirit prompting me to take out the salmon 5 minutes before I planned to =)

Here is what I did:
I got the frozen salmon filets (no skin) from Costco for about $20.  Thawed in warm water.

Preheated oven to 385
Prepped and ready to go...
Rubbed olive oil, 2 cloves garlic, salt & pepper, a couple dashes of basil and parsley on both sides and placed in glass pan
Then added a couple slices of onion on top and underneath the salmon
Then squeezed half of a small lemon on top of salmon...and laid additional lemon slices on top of salmon
Baked for about 25-30 minutes (can't remember) - just take it out after 20 and check.  The last 5 minutes I turned the over down to 375 (don't know if that mattered)

Then I tucked the salmon into a nice warm bed of rice =) & added a side of asparagus

DELICIOUS! 
Fresh out of the oven!
Kade added more lemon to his and I dipped mine in a little ranch.

The best part about this easy meal is that afterword we didn't feel weighed down or too full...it was light and healthy and so definitely a FEEL GOOD DINNER!


YUM YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.