Follow By Email:

Monday, January 24, 2011

Banana Bread

People it has arrived...the perfect banana bread recipe.  You can thank me later...or now =)


I use the healthier version these days, but if you are going for impressive than don't bother altering the original recipe because it's so much softer and moistier (I know that's not a word - but it describes the truth) if you don't.


In the words of my sweet loving husband...this bread is "Yummy Dummy"

The healthy changes I use are from one of the reviews on allrecipes.com:

"The very best even with my lower fat changes! My changes not only cut the fat in half, but also cut the calories in each serving by 100. NOTE: I halved the recipe. My changes for half the recipe: 2 TBS butter & 1/4 cup of applesauce instead of all butter. In the batter I used 1 c Splenda and 1/2 c sugar. I used 1 c whole wheat flour and 1 1/4 c all purpose flour. I used 2 eggs and light sour cream. My 2 loaves baked in an hour. No one would guess they are lower fat and calorie. They were perfect in taste and texture."

*I didn't use splenda in place of sugar...I just reduced the amount of sugar by about 3 Tbs.*

2 comments:

  1. I will write a testimonial about this bread. Delicious and nutrition, what's not to love? I'm eating as I type.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by eating I mean I am noshing on that delicious and nutritious bread.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.