Follow By Email:

Monday, January 24, 2011

Fajitas

Fajitas are really a no brainer for most people...but I was always a pick eater and so fajitas are new to me.  It's nice to be reminded of some simple, fast meals to make that still taste so good right? 

For my fajitas I just use the seasoning packet from the store.  You can also make your own fajita seasoning mix with this recipe (take note that it equals 3 packets.  each packet is good for a pound of chicken)

I saute the vegetables (onions and bell peppers) in olive oil.  Then I set them aside.  Using just a little more olive oil, I cook the chicken (about a pound) in the same pan.  Then add seasoning and 1/4 cup water and simmer for 3-5 minutes.  Add your vegetables back in...at this step I add in some tomatoes.  Simmer for a minute or two and WALA! 

I don't like crunchy taco shells so I just use regular tortillas. 

Add a little cheese, lettuce and ranch and you're set to jet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.