Follow By Email:

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Reading List 2011

2011 is going to be a good year for reading. 

Books I want to conquer before the end of the world (2012 according to the Mayans)

- All the Chronicles of Narnia (I'm on the 4th one now)
- Screwtape letters
- Believing Christ & the other one about Christ my mom gave me..can't remember at the moment
- Harry Potter 7 (for the 3rd time, before the final movie of course)
- To Kill a Mockingbird (for fun, instead of being forced to by a teacher)
- The Uglies (if you've read it, let me know if it's good!)
- A Prayer for Owen Meany
- The Giver

So I think those will keep me busy for a while.  I'll let you know what I think as I finish each one.  Let me know which ones you've read and if you recommend them or not...or if you have read any good ones lately you think are better =)

4 comments:

  1. Carl good choice on books I have read each one of those (except the ones from your mom) at least twice. Let me know if you want to discuss them or add to your list. To kill a Mockingbird is the book that keeps me psyched about law school cause all the other law stuff makes me mad. -Rome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good news Rome...I know you have good taste in literature so I'm feeling confindent in my choices. I'll let you know when I'm done with that list to get some other recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carlie- I have read the first Uglies book and I fell in LOVE!!!! I was dreaming about it for weeks (that's what I do when I love books, I dream about them and think about them all the time). I have yet to read the rest of the series but it is one that I am going to buy, I will tell you that.
    It is def something that is geared toward younger girls I think. So it was a pretty simple read, nothing too crazy for my brain to wrap around during the Christmas break.
    Let me know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. C'mon Carlie. Put Mere Christianity on your list. I'm listening to it again (Do I have time to read?) and it's powerful! The sequel to Believing Christ is Following Christ. It's sitting on my shelf waiting for you. Then I have Infinite Atonement, then Continuous Atonement by Tad Callister which is my favorite and then CS Lewis' Great Divorce and .....

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.