Follow By Email:

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Spinaccoli Pizza

Don't be scared of the fancy name...I know when I read it I thought it was some wierd Italian food or something.  I figured it out though and it's just spinach and broccoli combined into Spinaccoli =)  Someone was being creative! 

This pizza was a soooo good!  It totally surprised me how good it actually was because I made it in a hurry and I never get my hopes up for new recipes.  I also am a pretty big believer in red sauce on pizza, but I think I have finally been converted to white...especially with this particular choice of toppings. 

The sauce had the perfect flavor and creaminess and I didn't think I would like spinach on pizza, but you can't even taste it and it adds an extra dose of veggies. 
YUUUM!  I am going to eat the leftovers for lunch and it has been a long time since I have been this excited about something I made. 

Here is the recipe for the actual pizza
& here is the recipe I used for the pizza crust (it came out perfectly)

My only changes were that for the white sauce I added some milk after making it because it wasn't saucy at all...the cheese make it one big glob.



I did use a pizza stone that I borrowed and I have no idea if that really made the difference for the crust, but if you try this with a regular cookie sheet let me know how it turns out!

1 comment:

  1. Spinacolli has always been one of my very favorite pizzas, except for the white sauce issue which we've discussed :) Oh Carlie, I just don't think I'll ever get a grasp on what you like or dislike!! I would have never pegged you for a spinacolli girl!

    Anyhow, I wanted to let you/your readers know that I tried out this crust recipe (when I forgot to plan ahead for sprouting/soaking like I told you about) with 1/2 whole wheat and it was still very delicious, even the texture was yummy! I even used Kamut flour which is a heartier version of wheat. Thanks Car Car!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.