Follow By Email:

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Twisty Turney Breadsticks

Shout-out to Bekka for this wonderful recommendation.  They are super easy, they look impressive, they are soft, and well just superb.

I got the recipe from justcookalready.com, which is a website I really like.  I feel like the instructions for these breadsticks though were a little questionable.  I found myself guessing at a lot of stuff and that's not really my favorite way to do things. 

As always happens though....when I listen to the spirit... it just turns out great!
(That's my secret ingredient to everything I make, well everything GOOD I make)

Anyway, here is the recipe from her website and here is my recipe...

Combine in Kitchen Aid:
1½ cups warm water
2 Tbsp. sugar
In seperate bowl mix together:
 3½ cups flour
1 tsp Salt
1 Tbsp. yeast (bread machine or rapid rise yeast)

Then mix the dry ingredients with the sugar water, mix on low-medium speed for 6 minutes.

Roll out dough into a large square on a floured surface, so the dough is about 1/4 inch thick. Brush with 2Tbs. melted butter mixed with 2 cloves garlic and then sprinkle with salt. Fold in half and cut into 1 inch strips. Twist and place on a cooking sheet. Let sit for 15 to 20 minutes to raise. (*I turn the oven on at 350 for 1 minute. TURN OFF and let dough rise inside the oven).

Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately after baking, brush with more butter and sprinkle with garlic salt and grated Parmesan cheese.


2 comments:

  1. I want to know what that yummy pasta is, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I was going to post it but it really wasn't all that great. I just cooked some tomatoes and then added some spices and blended it up and topped it with shredded mozerella. Oh and I added some sour cream I had left over in the fridge so it was a little creamier. But the flavor was a little bland so it wasn't anything to shout home about. It looks good though right? =)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.