Follow By Email:

Monday, March 21, 2011

Believing Christ

One of the books on my recent book list was Believing Christ by Stephen E. Robinson.  I finished it a few weeks ago and am thinking about reading it again already.  This book has given me a greater perspective on the roll of Christ in my life and it has simplified the gospel for me.

So often members of the church get caught up in the little things, like should we drink caffeine or what to wear to church, but the real good news of the gospel is the Atonement of Jesus Christ and that is what this book focuses on; how we can apply it more fully into our lives. 

I know that it really strengthened my testimony of the Atonement and has strengthened my relationship with Christ immensely.  The author targets college age kids in that it is not a deep doctrine book, it is easy to read, easy to understand, and gets to the point.  It truly represents the basics of the gospel and has helped me to focus more on Christ rather than the little things.

Shout out goes to my mom for recommending this book...thanks mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.