Follow By Email:

Monday, March 21, 2011

Jane Eyre


First...shout out goes to Heather for recommending this book, it is her favorite and she said I must read it.  Thank you!

Jane Eyre.  All I can say is READ IT.  Not only is a timeless classic, but it is an amazing novel.  Yes the beginning is hard to get into, even for me it took me a quarter of the book to even start liking it.  Yes there are way too many details and descriptions...but what is a classic without them??  I found myself skimming over most of the descriptions and I don't think I missed a thing in doing it.  I actually probably saved myself a few hours of reading in doing so. 

Anyway, this book really is amazing.  If you like Pride and Prejudice or Sense and Sensibility...this is the book for you! 

It is the greatest love story.  It is happy, sad, exciting, scary, mysterious...it has everything.  And it's very religious. It has a great message about relying on God and serving and trusting Him.  Always a bonus.  I was up until 2am last night (knowing I had to get up at 6:30) finishing it because I couldn't put it down and I would plan my day around getting to read it.  I'm just a sucker for the classic (Kade calls them cheesy) love stories =)

It is a pretty thick novel, so get comfy.  Also the best part is...the movie just came out!  I am seeing it this weekend, so I'll let you know how it compares. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.