Follow By Email:

Monday, April 4, 2011

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

I apologize in advance that I don't have an exact recipe for this one because it turned out so good.  As usual, the main ingredient and most essential one was praying.  I had Kade's friends coming over for a homemade meal and I didn't want to blow it.  Since I had never made it before and I wasn't really  using a recipe...I just had to keep praying that it would work out and sure enough it did =)

I combined a couple recipes to use what I had and so this is what I did:

Rub 2.5lbs of chuck roast with flour, garlic powder, and rosemary (not a ton, just a few dashes of each)
Add 1 can beef broth
1 can cream of celery soup
1 cup water?  I just covered my meat up about half way with liquid
1/4 bag of onion soup mix (that's all i had...would have added more)
1-2 cups chopped carrots
1-2 cups chopped yellow potatoes
1/4 white onion chopped in big chucks (I don't like onions, so I left them big so I could take them out)
Salt & Pepper
Towards the end I added a little more flour to make the gravey creamier

I put the crockpot on low for about 7 hours and it was mouth watering!  I cut the meat up into smaller chunks for the last hour because I needed it to cook faster. 

*if you add more vegetables with the meat, just add more flavoring because the vegetables take away from the taste of the meat.

I hate following recipes that aren't exact, but this one you really can't mess up!  If you aren't sure about how much of each seasoning to put in...just wait until it's almost cooked and taste it.  You can always add more.

Served over rice with homemade rolls and fried zuccini

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.