Follow By Email:

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Bacon Chicken Ranch Pizza

The real title of this post should be HEAVEN because that is what this pizza tastes like.  What better flavor combination could you get than bacon...chicken...and ranch??

I used the pizza crust recipe from Annie's Eats and I actually used a batch of dough that I froze for a couple days and let thaw in the fridge all day today...still tasted just as good which I was worried about because I used rapid rise yeast.

There isn't much to this recipe besides the obvious, but I'll tell you what I did exactly...

Covered parchment paper in cornmeal (this is where I made my pizza)
Cooked 3 pieces of bacon on skillet
Cooked chopped chicken (1 breast) on skillet in hot olive oil.  I seasoned the chicken with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder before cooking. 
Spread olive oil on outside of dough
Covered pizza with ranch, then sprinkled a little cheese (I only had shredded cheddar/monterey jack), but I would have used mozzarella for this part if I had it.
Then covered in bacon, chicken, and chopped tomatoes
Topped with shredded cheese and a little "pizza" seasoning (basically oregano and basil)
*Optional: I sprinkled a little ground cayenne pepper on top to spice it up a bit.  I'm not the biggest fan of spicy, but Kade is so I always try and add a little kick for him.  I thought this was a great addition, even for someone who doesn't like spicy foods.

I cooked this on my pizza stone (thanks mom!) and yes as you can see in the pictures I wasn't paying attention and put my parchment paper upside down so the tinfoil side was up and this caused my pizza crust to be a little crunchier than I like...but it didn't ruin the delicious taste thankfully!  I just need to be more aware next time =) Of course you can cook it directly on the pizza stone...it's just easier to transfer if I make the pizza on parchment paper first (thanks Annie's Eats for this idea!)


For my pizza stone I cooked it at 450 for 20 minutes and it turned out great!  I let the pizza stone heat up in the oven for 30 minutes before cooking my pizza.  Just make sure you watch your pizza and take it out when the crust and cheese look golden brown (I will take mine out a minute or two earlier next time)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.