Follow By Email:

Monday, October 3, 2011

Diary of Wimpy Kid: Guest Review

Garrett Bedford
October 3, 2011
Blog Review Posting
(a.k.a. Carlie Cooks and Reads Books)
Date Posted: Oct. 3, 2011
Book: Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Author:  Jeff Kinney
Carlie has given me, her big brother, permission to post a little something on her blog. So I better make it good. I have chosen to share my new favorite book, Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney. I suppose that this book was written primarily for young teenage boys, but I sure did enjoy it. It brought me back to those awkward days in middle school when I thought I was so cool. This book had me laughing out loud in front of strangers. I just couldn’t help from laughing.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid is about a boy in middle school named Greg whose mom makes him write in a journal for the school year. He writes about his day to day experiences (singing in the school play, being grounded from video games, sneaking into the older brother’s room), which capture the awkwardness of those special years as a boy.

This is such a relaxed fun read. Not only does Greg write in a 14 point font, but he also gives illustrations on nearly every page. This book is fast paced and I finished it in a couple days, just by reading on my spare time. I don’t think that you will like it if you are a girl. There is a sister book to this one called Dear Dumb Diary, which I heard is really good and more geared towards girls. Anyways, I hope you take time to read Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and let me know what you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.