Follow By Email:

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I don't know why I am just posting this recipe now because I have been making these cookies for years and have been eating them probably my whole life since I got this recipe from my mom. 

These are the best oatmeal chocolate chip cookies I have ever had, not saying that I've tried a huge variety, but I'm just saying...they are dang good!  They are both mine and Kade's favorite homemade cookies. 

RECIPE

Ingredients:
1/2 cup margarine/butter (room temp)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 tsp. Salt
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (maybe 3 Tbsps more)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips (or raisins)
1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon (optional)

Directions:
In large bowl beat together butter, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla, and salt until light and fluffy.  Add eggs, beat well.  Add flour and baking soda, beating until thoroughly blended.  *blend in cinnamon if you want to add that (original recipe doesn't call for it, but it's a good addition for cinnamon lovers like myeslf).  STIR in oats.  Stir in chocolate chips, raisins, or nuts as desired.  Place on pan in BIG scoops for best results (golf ball sized maybe?).  Bake at 350 for 8 minutes and then turn oven up to 375 for 1 1/2 minutes. 

Depending on your oven you may need to keep these in longer or take them out sooner...mine always look a little undercooked when I take them out because they continue to cook a little as they cool.  





2 comments:

  1. yummy! oatmeal choco. chips are my favorite cookie hands down, i've never found a good recipe, so this is a MUST try :) thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOORAY!!! I LOVE THESE :) I always mean to ask you the recipe because i crave them still sometimes... I probably havent had one since highschool!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.