Follow By Email:

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tilapia

This recipe is EASY and that's why I love it.  I have used it as a last minute resort twice already since I found it last week.  The only real prep for me is that I need to get the Tilapia out of the freezer with enough time for it to thaw...other than that you just mix a few simple ingredients and WALA! (is that how you spell that?)

I got this recipe here and I followed some ideas from the first review in that I added 1/2 tsp. paprika, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder and 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (I added ground cayenne pepper) along with 1/2 panko crumbs.  I made it the first time just as the recipe calls and it was still really good, but Kade and I decided we liked the additional spices and crispier top.

Next time I will add maybe 1-2 Tbsp more mayo because the sauce wasn't as creamy as I wanted it to be, but all in all you can't go wrong!

I typically serve fish over rice with a side of veggies making for a nice, light, healthy meal  



RICA RICA REEEMIX....
(updated version)

Folks this is the meal we make the most in our house and YOU CAN'T MESS IT UP!
I change it up occasionally depending on what I have, but this is a list of ingredients I typically use

-olive oil
-soy sauce
-onion powder
-garlic powder
-parmesan cheese
-cayenne pepper
-lemon pepper
-ranch packet seasoning
-salt
-pepper

I put a lot of seasoning on because when I serve over rice, the rice is bland so I like the extra flavor.  I use quite a bit of soy sauce and olive oil too, so it creates more of a sauce to poor over the rice.

Bake at 425 for 20 minutes.  Done. Eat. So So So Good.

1 comment:

  1. I think WALA is actually french Viola! Will you make this tilapia dish for me so I can get excited about making it? I really think eating home cooked fish is good but I have a hard time getting excited about cooking it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.