Follow By Email:

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pumpkin Donuts

 SO good and VERY impressive looking...you need to make these.

But first let me vent... 

I'm usually not very confident when I make something for the first time and so I don't get too excited about the final product being anything amazing.  This was true in the case of these donuts as well.  I doubled the recipe because I had that many sweet potatoes and so it just made the whole process a lot longer than I wanted it to be and the whole time I was telling myself "they aren't even going to be that good" so I was pretty annoyed.


I used instant yeast, so I was annoyed at trying to figure out when to add it and then I wanted to make sure the yeast was activated so I warmed up all the liquids and then the dough was still really sticky so I kept having to add more flour and then I thought I'd added too much and then I didn't have a donut cutter-outer so I used a cup and a lid from a seasoning container, but the dough was still sticky so it was all over the place blah blah blah.  I was annoyed by the end of the process to say the least and hating the stupid donuts that were going to be terrible anyway and now I had wasted all of this time and food in making them...


 BUT ALAS!  My hard labor (which I made harder than it needed to be) was worth it in the end and they looked and tasted amazing!

Honey & Butter

Cinnamon & Sugar

Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting

Powdered Sugar

Technically these aren't "pumpkin" donuts- they are "sweet potato" donuts, but sweet potato puree and pumpkin puree are pretty much the same thing and can be substituted in almost every recipe.  So whether you have sweet potatoes or pumpkin on hand...this is the recipe for you!  I just happen to have sweet potatoes already, so that's what I used.  I love these donuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.