Follow By Email:

Friday, November 4, 2011

The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society

I didn't think I was going to like this book very much because it is written only with letters from various characters to each other.  Slowly though it drew me in and I ended up staying up late last night to finish it because I wanted to see how it ended.  

The basic story is about an author/journalist during the time of WWII.  The book is simple in that it's main focus is on the relationships that everyone is creating, which I found to be a nice change in pace from books usually heavy with plot, twists, and depth. 

I really enjoyed the characters and it was overall a good book and I would definitely recommend it (to women).  

This book reminds me of a comforting home cooked meal :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.