Follow By Email:

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Chicken in Provencal Sauce

Yuuuuuuuum.  This recipe is SO FLAVORFUL.  
I was slopping up the sauce with my roll at the end.  


Ingredients:
4 (6oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced (I used pressed garlic)
1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 tsp dried herbes de Provence (you can make your own) *Mine didn't have oregano or lavender*
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp butter
Thyme sprigs (optional)

Directions:
1. Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, pound to 1/2 inch thickness using a meat mallet or small, heavy skillet. (I didn't pound my chicken, and just tried to cook it as thick as it was and it took a lot longer to cook and was kind of chewy) Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.  Add chicken; cook 6 minutes each side or until done.  Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
3. Add garlic to pan; cook 1 min, stirring constantly.  Add broth and herbs de Provence; bring to boil, scrapping pan to loosen browned bits.  Cook until broth mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup (about 3 minutes).  Remove from heat; add lemon juice and butter, stirring until butter melts. (I added about 1Tbsp of flour to thicken the sauce a little) Serve sauce over chicken.  Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.  Yield: 4 servings

*I put my changes in red*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.