Follow By Email:

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Peace Like a River

I'm not usually one for small town drama books, but this one had something that kept me hooked.  One of the main characters, Jeremiah, is an amazing man and his continued faith in God throughout the book was mesmerizing to me.  The book is narrated from the perspective of his son, Reuben, and tells of the many trials that take place in his family.  All of the characters in the book are really interesting and the author did a great job capturing some of the best qualities I believe to be in existence in the human race.  The ending was not really what I expected, but I enjoyed the little twist. 


Overall, I would recommend this book to anyone who doesn't mind being patient with books that may get slow for a little, but are worth it in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.