Follow By Email:

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Stir-Fry

This recipe is one I created out of a desire to use the sugar snap peas in my fridge and to not take a really long time to make because I was hungry.  The recipe for stir-fry I found wanted me to marinate stuff for a while before and included ingredients I didn't have...so I just took all of the vegetables out of my fridge and all of the Asiany ingredients out of my cupboard and it turned out REALLY good.

The only sad part is that I didn't measure anything, so this is a rough draft of what I THINK I did to make my super delicious stir-fry.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup olive oil 
1/4 onion
3 gloves pressed garlic
**You can use any vegetables you have, but I used...
2 celery stalks (chopped)
1/2 lb carrots (chopped)
1 12oz bag sugar snap peas
1 red bell pepper (chopped)
1/4 tsp ginger
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tsp chicken bouillon
1/4 cup water
1 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup flour
Salt & pepper to taste

Directions:
Heat olive oil in skillet on low/medium heat. Sauté onions for 2 min. until soft. Add garlic. Stir 2 min. Add chopped vegetables, ginger, bouillon, soy sauce, salt, pepper, water, & brown sugar. Stir occasionally. In separate bowl melt butter then add flour, mix until pasty. Stir butter/flour mixture with vegetables to thicken sauce. Continue stirring until vegetables are your desired texture.

*If sauce is too thick, add more soy sauce or water (to taste)
*Next time I will make more sauce to pour over rice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.