For the Meatballs:
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot oil (I omitted this because I don't like hot things and it was still so good)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine all ingredients, except olive oil, in a bowl. Mix well. Form into about 20 meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the meatballs on all sides, about 6 minutes, they will finish cooking in the sauce. Depending on the size of your pan you made need to do this in batches.
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup teriyaki marinade (I like Veri Veri Teriyaki because it has sesame seeds in it)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon siracha sauce (optional) - I didn't use this
- Combine in a bowl.
- Once the meatballs have browned, return all of them to the pan. Pour sauce over and gently stir to coat. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
Thank you Life's Ambrosia for this recipe!