Follow By Email:

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs

Shout out to Lauren Besich for sharing this bomb.com (I'm bringing that back) recipe.  Yes, maybe at first I was bitter that she did not share it sooner, but after mopping up every last drop of teriyaki sauce from my plate...she was forgiven. 



For the Meatballs:
  • 1 pound ground turkey
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3 green onions, diced
  • 1 egg beaten
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 1 teaspoon hot oil (I omitted this because I don't like hot things and it was still so good)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  1. Combine all ingredients, except olive oil,  in a bowl. Mix well. Form into about 20 meatballs.
  2. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the meatballs on all sides, about 6 minutes, they will finish cooking in the sauce. Depending on the size of your pan you made need to do this in batches.
For the sauce:
  • 2 cloves garlic minced
  • 1 cup teriyaki marinade (I like Veri Veri Teriyaki because it has sesame seeds in it)
  • 1 teaspoon soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon siracha sauce (optional) - I didn't use this
  1. Combine in a bowl.
  2. Once the meatballs have browned, return all of them to the pan. Pour sauce over and gently stir to coat. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
I served these over basmati rice or spaghetti noodles (would be good with Asian style noodles). 

Thank you Life's Ambrosia for this recipe!

1 comment:

  1. These are the bomb.com (oh it's back). I made them again tonight and they're becoming a staple in the meal rotation. I'm glad you're back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.