Follow By Email:

Monday, April 9, 2012

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Waffles


I can't eat dairy because it makes Cedar (my nursing baby) spit up a ton, so I have been on the prowl for dairy-free recipes (or recipes I can make dairy-free) that are actually still good.  At first it was really depressing, but I have come to find a surprising amount of super deliciously tasty recipes that I can make dairy-free.

These peanut butter oatmeal waffles are now a staple breakfast food in my house and I have already made this recipe 3 times in the past 2 weeks and have a freezer currently stocked with frozen waffles ready to be toasted and smothered in maple syrup.




Ingredients:
2 cups milk (I used Trader Joes Almond Milk)
2-1/4 cup Oats
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar, Sucanat, or Maple Syrup
1/4 teaspoon Salt (omit if using salted nut or seed butter)
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder

Directions:
Put all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Preheat waffle iron and coat with cooking spray.  Allow your batter about 10 minutes to thicken. (I have made them without waiting) The thicker the batter, the more bready the waffles. If it gets too thick to pour at any point, blend in some more milk or water a tablespoon at a time.

**If you want to freeze these, make sure they are completely cool or else the steam will make them stick together in the freezer making them hard to pull apart.

Optional Ad-Ins:
  • 1/2 to 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 1/2 to 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon 
  • 2 Tablespoons Protein Powder of Choice




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.